torsdag den 7. februar 2013

A visit to the doctor


I did not go to school today. I went over to a doctor at the other side of the town. I would not go and see our family doctor, I was to embarrassed. After 30 minutes of waiting I finally came in to the doctor, an older woman with glasses. She made me pee in a cup and took an extra test, and it was clear, I was pregnant.

I told her about my situation, and she asked if we were religious at home, and I answer: “Yes we are very religious”. And then the doctor said: “Well, that could explained why you didn’t use a condom, due to the fact that communities with such religious beliefs doesn’t really talk with their children about sex and protection. I would advise you to get an abortion, but you should talk to your parents first.”

When I went home I got online to research what the doctor said, and I found out that Mississippi topped the list for conservative religious beliefs and teen birth rates.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar